5 Ways To Unlock Samsung Lock Screen without Losing Data
Worried? How to unlock samsung lock screen without losing data?
Setting up a lock screen is the top priority for the vast majority of Android users in order to keep their smartphones safe from little children in the house as well as intruders who might want to access your sensitive data and information. They set up a screen lock to get the greatest possible security against data loss. However, one typical difficulty that occurs frequently and most of the time is when you forget the password, pattern, and/or PIN that was used to lock the device when it was originally set up to do so.
Android users have a variety of choices for keeping their devices safe from intruders and unauthorized users. They may configure a variety of security settings to improve the overall security of their device. These approaches may include:
- Pattern lock – To lock your smartphone, create a pattern with your finger. Keeping a pattern lock on your device is the most basic type of protection you can use to keep it secure. A pattern lock may be created by connecting dots together in the form of a pattern.
- Pin lock – It’s a PIN of four to sixteen numbers to keep your device safe.
- Password lock – You may use any phrase or word as a password of your own. It might be a single digit, an alphabet, or a specific character or set of characters. Keep a strong password to protect your information from unauthorized access, and write it down somewhere secure in case you forget it.
With the introduction of fingerprint unlock and face unlock, Android has further enhanced its security. It’s possible to find these choices on newer model Android smartphones.
- Fingerprint lock – To unlock a smartphone with a fingerprint lock, you must make an impression of your finger or thumb on the device. This increases the security of your device against attacks. To unlock your smartphone, you must press your finger or thumb against the sensor part of the device.
- Face lock – This function recognizes your face and allows you to unlock your smartphone quickly without having to input a password, pin, or pattern. Maintain a straight line between your face and the front camera to allow the gadget to recognize your identity and unlock the phone for you automatically.
Now imagine that your gadget contains highly sensitive information, and you haven’t written down your password someplace and have now forgotten it. It goes without saying that you cannot leave your device locked for the rest of your life. If you have ever found yourself in such a scenario, there is absolutely no reason to be alarmed. You can still unlock samsung lock screen if you follow the steps outlined in the next section.
METHOD # 1: Unlock Samsung Lock Screen using Backup Pin
In the case that you have an older Samsung Android smartphone (running Android 5.0 or below), you can unlock your Samsung handset by entering a backup pin, you may use a backup pin to unlock it as an alternate method of unlocking.
It can be found in the majority of Samsung smartphones that are running Android version 5.0 or lower. The backup Pin is located towards the bottom right corner end of your device’s lock screen,
You may use the Samsung backup pin to unlock your device and set up a new password.
METHOD # 2: Use Google Account to Unlock Samsung Lock Screen
Use of your device’s Google account, which was created at the time of device activation, is another option for unlocking a Samsung lock screen without losing data. During the activation of your device, a Google account is set up, and the account is linked to the many Google services that you may use in the future. First and foremost, it is mandatory to link your Android smartphone to a Google account before you can use any of the services.
Do you know you can use your google account to unlock Samsung lock screen without losing data?
A “FORGOT PASSWORD” option will appear at the lower right end of the lock screen on an earlier version of the Samsung Android smartphone if you’re using an older version of the device. Tap it to be taken to a window where you will be prompted to enter the Google account that you created for your device during the activation process.
The login credentials for the account may be utilized to unlock Samsung lock screen without losing data. Once you have entered your credentials, you will have the option to change the password on your device for future usage.
METHOD # 3: Unlock Samsung Lock Screen Using Google Find my device
Google has just launched a new tool that allows its customers to track down their devices, whether they have been misplaced or stolen. With Google Find My Device, your Android device is completely safe; whether you want to locate your device, wipe your data, or change the lock screen password, you can do it all while not carrying your mobile phone around with you in your pocket.
Visit https://www.google.com/android/find using another device such as a laptop or a PC to use the Google find my device service.
Log in using the same email ID that you used to register your mobile phone during the activation process. Searching for your device on Google will instantly identify your mobile phone device.
Once your device has been identified, you must allow it access to your location in order for it to be able to identify the last position of your device.
Three distinct options will be shown to you on the left-hand side of the screen:
- Play Sound — Enabling this option will cause your smartphone to ring even while it is in quiet mode, allowing you to locate your phone in the event that it is misplaced somewhere in your vicinity.
- Secure Device – In addition to logging out of the Google account connected with your phone, this function also locks the device itself. Afterwards, you’ll be asked to type in a message and your phone number, which will be displayed on your screen in case someone discovers your phone and needs to get in touch with you.
- Erase Device – Another feature is the ability to erase all of your data if you haven’t discovered your device and no one has contacted you in a lengthy period of time. This function will delete all of the data saved on your device, and if you are currently offline, the wiping will be performed when your device is reconnected to the internet.
METHOD # 4: Unlock Samsung Lock Screen using Samsung find my mobile
To unlock Samsung lock screen without losing data, you may use this simple function provided by Samsung themselves. Through its ‘Find my mobile’ service, Samsung has added yet another hassle-free method of unlocking your Samsung smartphone without losing any data.
Enter the following URL into your browser: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ in the address bar.
Use the same email address and password that you linked your device to it earlier.
Following a successful login, you will see a number of options, one of which is ‘unlock my screen.’ Once this is completed, your Samsung smartphone is ready to be used again.
METHOD # 5: Unlock Samsung Lock Screen using a hard factory reset
If none of the techniques listed above are effective for you then you may need to consider doing a factory reset. But keep in mind that using this approach would completely wipe out all of the data on your device, and you will not be able to retrieve it. After a factory reset, your device will be restored to its factory default settings, resulting in a completely new device that is identical to what it was when it was originally activated.
The following technique will work for you if the methods described above do not work well for you and you still need to unlock samsung lock screen without having to worry about losing any of your stored data. To do a factory reset, simply follow the procedures outlined below:
- Switch off your cell phone.
- In order to enter the recovery mode, hold down the Power button, the Volume Up key, and the Home key at the same time for a few seconds.
- You will not be able to utilize your touch while in recovery mode. It will only operate with the Volume Up key to go upwards, the Volume Down key to move downstairs, and the Power key for selection.
- Once you have entered recovery mode, pick the option ‘WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET’ from the drop-down menu.
- This will begin the process of wiping the entire data stored on your smartphone, including customization and settings, resulting in a completely fresh device.
- Once this is completed, you may switch on your device and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your smartphone immediately.
You may also like:
- Want a Suggestion? Best USB Android Phone Chargers to Buy in 2021
- How to Monitor a Cell Phone with Mobile Phone Spy App
- How to activate Spectrum mobile and SIM