Get frustrated due to the COVID-19 lockdown? Feeling bored staying at home? Everything seems gloomy? Then try out this latest Google feature with your family and friends, I am sure you will definitely have fun doing it!
Last year Google introduced a new feature that uses Augmented Reality (AR) for their users to view certain animals in 3D which means that this feature is not only restricted to your phone but you can also view an animal right in your surroundings. Isn’t it exciting? Let us learn how we can entertain ourselves with this.
How to view Google 3D Animals?
Follow the instructions below to access this feature:
- Search the name of your favorite or any animal. (e.g Lion)
- Now click on the option “view in 3D” which is on the left corner of the 3D image.
- A new link will open, showing you a 3D Lion. You can also set its position, resize it by your own choice. Moreover, you can also hear it roaring.
- If your phone supports AR, you can view Lion in your surroundings too. The link that opened will show you the option to “view in your space”. Click that instantly.
- Now, show your phone ‘the ground’, follow the instructions and ta-da your lion is there.
P.S: Make sure you have given ‘Google’ access to your camera.
Interesting way of learning about animals
If you love animals and want to know more about them you (and if you have kids) can also learn fun facts about them. For this, you need to scroll your phone screen a bit after searching for an animal. These facts can easily be found below that 3D visual.
Animals you can find?
There are a variety of animals (but not all) provided by Google ARcore for you to experience. You can search for your favorite one and have fun.
Just for the reference here is some animals which are in google AR:
- Emperor penguin
- Angler fish
- Angler fish
And the list goes on & on. Discover it!
Are all Phones Compatible for this feature?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Google has given access to just a few smartphone versions to view the 3D animal in space. If you are an android user, its operating system must be 7.0 or newer while for iPhone users, its iOS version should be 11.0 or later.
Phones that support Google ARCore
An official list of android devices that support ARCore via Google Play Services for AR that allows AR experience, has also been issued by Google. You can check the link below to see if your phone supports ARCore or not.